Housing & Homeless Services

  • Call: 503.640.3263

Family Shelter

  • Families may live in the Community Action Hillsboro Family Shelter for up to five weeks. During their stay, staff help residents make a plan for housing and other needs that is designed for long-term self-reliance and stability.
  • Our family shelter is the lead partner in a three-shelter network in Washington County. The others are Good Neighbor Center in Tigard and Family Promise of Washington County Oregon in Hillsboro. Families in need of emergency shelter may call 503.640.3263 to be added to a central wait list for all three shelters. Wait time for shelter is usually two to three weeks.
  • Single homeless persons in Washington County may call Open Door Counseling Center at 503.640.6689. This is a day shelter where clients can find food, do laundry and take showers.
  • Click here to find information about Emergency Rent Assistance or call 503.615.0770.
  • Information regarding shelters in other counties is available at the 211info website or by calling 2-1-1.

For Renters

  • Rent Well housing readiness trainings can help prospective renters who are having difficulty being accepted for rental units because of previous history, and barriers such as evictions, criminal convictions and negative credit history. The free 15-hour rental education classes cover topics useful to tenants, such as tenant rights and responsibilities, budgeting, housing laws and more. To sign up for Rent Well classes in Washington County or for more information call 503.726.0821. View the 2018 class schedule here.
  • The Washington County Department of Housing Services lists affordable rental units as well.
  • Visit the HUD listing of Oregon Housing Authority offices to find affordable rental information for other counties.

Supportive Services for Veteran's Families (SSVF)

  • Funded by the Veteran’s Administration, the goal of Community Action’s SSVF Program is to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning from homelessness to permanent housing.

  • Veteran households can work with a Housing Specialist to either obtain housing or prevent eviction.

  • Community Action will also provide short-term supportive services and will assist Veteran households to obtain VA benefits and other public benefits.

Food Box Program

  • The Community Action Hillsboro Family Shelter provides food boxes to anyone in Washington County. Hours are Monday-Friday, 5:30pm - 9pm, weekends, 9am - 9pm.
  • For more information on food resources call 503.640.3263 or dial 2-1-1.

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (202)720-5964 (voice and TDD).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law.